Silver Age Beyond
The Noble Prolimetri (or Major or Royal) houses are marked by their ability to vote on certain aspects of the Imperium. Minor Houses cannot vote and must petition Major Houses to vote as they would prefer. The signifier of this is called a Vowing Scepter. So too, may nobles, with dispensation from the Sectus, use advanced technology, such as space-faring craft, fusion weapons and other sinful tech. With appropriate indulgences, a powerful Noble can equip their house with many powerful technologies that freemen and serfs could never wish to obtain.
Also known as “The Atzlánti,” this House consists of several different families, all claiming lineage back to Spanish nobility. They pride themselves on glory and martial ability, and are well-known for such qualities. The most noteworthy in this epic are the Rolas (fierce warriors), the Dulcineas (honorable and trustworthy), and the Bursandras (close to the Sectus). The Atzlánti are currently involved in a conflict with the Al-Fashir Caliphate.
The Amatsukami were once the most decadent and depraved house in the Known Worlds, but long ago turned completely around, becoming the house closest to the Orthodox Sectus. They generally are virtuous and very religious, though some still secretly follow the old ways. The Amatsukami, al-Yazata, and Dodekatheons stood against the Bogovi and Atzlánti in the final stages of the wars for primacy over the empire, and respect the martial prowess of the Atzlánti, while despising the Bogovi and al-Yazata.
This house has many ties in the Merchant Guild Shofar, and is very wealthy. Rumors of demon-worship pervade the al-Yazata, but no solid proof has yet been presented. During the wars the al-Yazata made up for what they lacked in tactics with high-tech and research.
Natural leaders, House Dodekatheon are mainly of Anglo-Saxon descent. The Dodekatheons and Bogovi are, for the most part, bitter enemies due to an ancient vendetta which is still unresolved. House Dodekatheon is having problems with the raiders from the Zon-Gra Protectorate star-nations, and is trying to use their influence over the Emperor to push for Imperial involvement in the matter. Though the Emperor is a Dodekatheon, he seems to be trying to remain impartial and dispense resources according to need, not loyalty.
Primarily Russian and slavic descent, the Bogovi are known to be the most freakish and shocking of the noble houses. They are said to use blackmail and espionage as much as brute force, and have an intelligence agency (the Janusians) second to none in the Empire. A Bogovi is just as likely to shake your hand as he is to cut it off with a hidden cybernetic blade.
Across the Imperium there are many small Houses. They are often restricted to one planet though some maintain minor fiefs on a few planets. Others have descended to penury and are returning into serfdom. Politically most of the minor Houses are aligned to one of the greater houses who use them as pawns if they are weak and partners if they are strong. Some Minor Houses remain rich and politically significant, though all minor houses lack a Vowing Scepter, which allows them no direct vote among issues presented before the greater houses of the Prolimetri.
The noteworthy minor houses are :
- House Beni Chorfa: Bound by an ancient treaty to the Bogovi who make them war with the al-Yazata. Their heritage stretches back to desert and nomadic tribes of and their history is fondly remembered. The leader of the house traditionally uses the title of ‘sheik’, an affectation that he has little power to enforce outside Beni Chorfa fiefs.
- House Mitolojisi: House Mitolojisi is the ruling house of Capital Secundus, as such they are often at odds with the Imperium and Chryselios who they find they are often vying with for power.
- House Lambeth A minor house on Capital Secundus that is one of the minor houses to pose any competition to House Mitolojisi. They own land on the continent of Harmony.
- House Messapii Descended from Diasporan colonists that were devoted Bleedtouched cultists, House Messapii is known for a mystical bent. Former homeworld lost to Desecrated forces.
- House Dextriton A very minor vassal house to House Messapii.
- House Hanuman Once a powerful house, now subsumed and offering tribute to House Atzlánti while secretly plotting a comeback.
- House Volitanti A vassal house that splits its loyalties between houses Dodekatheon and the Atzlánti, and are known for their beast breeding skills.
See also: Galactic Imperium, The